Georg Naegeli is a member of Homburger’s Litigation / Arbitration practice team and the Restructuring / Insolvency working group. He knows how judges think because he served as one for ten years. He now represents clients in commercial disputes before state courts and in international arbitrations.
Georg Naegeli is a senior counsel and former partner in Homburger’s litigation and arbitration team. He joined Homburger in 2000, after having served as a state court judge for 10 years. He represents clients in commercial disputes in international arbitration and before state courts, with a view to finding the right balance between fighting for the client’s interests and reaching a compromise when appropriate. Georg Naegeli has also acquired in-depth expertise from various assignments as chair or member of institutional and ad hoc arbitral tribunals. Further, he is a member of Homburger’s restructuring and insolvency team and represents clients in insolvency and restructuring proceedings.
- Senior Counsel at Homburger
- Partner at Homburger (until 2018)
- Alternate judge at the Commercial Court and the Appellate Court of Zurich (until 2000)
- Judge at the District Court of Zurich (until 2000)
- Law clerk at the Commercial Court of Zurich
- Bar admission
- University of Zurich (Dr. iur.)
- University of Zurich (lic. iur.)
Very professional advice on complex matters demonstrating his excellent knowledge and experience.